The friends of Emsworth Community Health are a registered Charity, providing funds to improve health and health care in the wider Emsworth community. We provide grants for equipment and amenities which cannot normally be obtained from other sources.
Who We Support
1. Charities or other organisations that provide health or care services in Emsworth, or are accessible to, and used by people in and around Emsworth.
2. Charities or other organisations whose aim is to promote health and wellbeing for the people of Emsworth.
What We Support
The purpose of our grants is to fund projects, new developments, or equipment that enable the recipient to make a demonstrable difference to their services, and to enhance health or wellbeing.
What We Don’t Support
2. Proposals that should be funded by statutory bodies
3. Contributions to general funds 4. Proposals that require an ongoing commitment for funding
The Grants Process
1. We advertise the availability of grants and the requirements for them at the beginning of the calendar year.
2. Bodies that express an interest will be asked to complete an application form to be returned by 1st March.
3. The applications will be reviewed by our grants committee, further clarification may be requested, and recommendations will be made to the Trustees who will make the final decision by the end of April. They will take into account the merits of the application, how it furthers our aims, and the availability of funds.
4. All successful applicants will be asked so send in a report providing details of how the grant money was used and the impact of the project. The report is required by the 1st March or up to one year after the grant has been received.
5. Repeat applications will be considered, but only after the report has been received.
We are normally able to give grants totaling £30,000 to £40,000 per annum. In exceptional circumstances we would consider larger applications to be met from our reserves. This would be for a major project eg a building, that would permanently enhance the health services or health of the people of Emsworth.